Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's a Scream!

I have been working on paper projects lately on one of my NING groups. One of the challenges we are doing is a Halloween scary post card. This is one that I finished. Isn't it a scream! LOL
My friend Vic had done some die cut bird cages and I figured I would use it to post something unusually scary. I mean, who would want this out of it's cage? Poor unfortunate girl with an awesome body and a horrid face!

In my Fiber Art Trader's group, we did exquisite corpses! Here is what I made:


With each segment you could exchange body parts.



Another challenge in my NING group, that we are working on, is that we each choose a photograph and everyone else must alter it to make a chunky book page. Here are some I have worked on.
This is the original piece:



This is my altered piece:


This is the original piece:


This is the altered page:


This is the original piece:


This is the altered page:


This last one I altered the most. It's fun to see what direction it will take by looking for things in magazines and other sources or adding some of your own paintings and such with it. I used paint rings to simulate coffee cup rings. When I ran across an ad in a magazine that had the same pose as the black and white photo, I knew I simply had to work it in. It's a scream II!

6 comments:

Netty said...

Oh wow a truly fabulous array of wonderful and quirky craftings, loving them all. x

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

WOW you have blown me away!!!! Awesome, Mary Helen

Shelley Whiting said...

Love the exquisite corpses. They are very twisted and fun.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Wanda,
I am back to Blogland! LOL
Love all your new pieces. What a ugly poster from WWF, at the end of your post. That is scarey!
Hugs
I uploaded some photos of my trip, if you would like to see them. :)

Jan Hennings said...

love your oh so spooky creations!

Janine said...

I love the bewitched hour.
Thats really cool
Happy Halloween, and a gorgeous night
Janine