I decided to pick up after last year with some unfinished business. If any of you recall, I had worked on a piece that wasn't completed and simply fell into place. So I have included my first piece of art work into the new year.
Then I took metallic acrylic paints and started playing with the surface for some rusted like metallic properties. I didn't have a photo of the last step, but I applied a wash of some black paint after this was all dry and treated it like a stain and wiped it off before it dried. You can see some black on the finished piece.
As for the figure, I spray painted a domino and adhered it to the center with E6000 adhesive. The face and outer wings are from paper stock that I had stuck onto craft foam. I made spacers underneath to have it stand out more. The edges of the face and the wings were done with chalk ink. Then I brushed on a layer of diamond glaze for a little sheen. The neck is a metallic bead and the wire I wrapped around a crochet hook for the arms and a bead for the hands. Embroidery floss was used for the waistline. The inner wings were from some silk flowers and I added some copper eyelets. The only other found object I used was an old watch face that I wanted to leave exposed. I may later add a crown to the head, but for now I am lovin' this piece! Hope you do too!