Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tumblers

This week, not only have I been playing in the fabrics, but I seem to be having a bit of help especially matching stripes!

Just before Christmas, I broke down and bought an Accuquilt Go cutter and the first quilt that I wanted to make was from the tumbler blocks.  The smaller tumbler comes with 3 cuts on the die.

It's 3 1/2" and a nice size for a baby quilt, making purses and I actually wouldn't have minded even making a larger quilt from it.  At the moment, I have been cutting fabrics in groups of 10 per color to get ready for an exchange from the Accuquilt yahoo group.  Feb. we will be exchanging brights and there will be a black and white exchange that I am looking forward to too!
I have also already made a couple of baby quilts with this die and they were way too much fun!
I love these cool colors together.
These retro style fabrics in a mint and green make for a new color combo too.  

The new die has been chosen for my next cuts, so I am off to choosing fabric colors.  Sew until next time!

No comments: