I have been enjoying working on my little postcards as it gives me a chance to work with a small piece inbetween other projects and actually look like I have something finished! I initially started with working with "studies" of the same flower but used different techniques and/ or fibers to finish them. The total piece was not the vision I had when I started, but somehow it all came together and had more significance when it was done. The first two flowers on the left side were painted with synthetic dyes and I used synthetic fibers to transfer the dyes onto. The top fabric is crepe backed satin and the lower one is a faux suede of some sort. Both came from the same transfer, but reacted differently with the background. The one in the center is a combination of commercial prints and solids with acrylic paints. The upper right is Crayograph Prang crayons and lumieres on a navy and green batik background. The lower right is a fabric paint with glitter on a commercial background. They were each lovely on their own, but while getting ready for a gallery display , the art gals in my group thought perhaps I should hang the post cards up for sale in one big sleeve. As I thought about it, I started playing and got an inspiration to make it into one piece instead of them becoming individual cards! The cards themselves reminded me of seed packets and I started playing with the stems until they made my garden. It reminded me that we are all from different backgrounds and makeup, yet we share the same ground!