Saturday, June 28, 2008
As sweet as she can BEE!
My dotee has been improving as I tweak my pattern for making them. I have started making one seam and it goes to the back of the doll while at the bottom, instead of sewing across by machine or by hand, I am now making a drawstring enclosure and like it much better. (If need be, I can do a tutoral.
I decided to do a bee as one of my swaps was a stripe theme. While others were thinking what kind of colorful stripes and if they should do it with ribbon and such, I had critters and bugs in mind. I even have some small zebra fabric and some tiger striped minis in my stash! While I didn't have yellow and black stripe, I used a yellow fabrico marker to fill as I needed. I couldn't help but think of one of Ann Geddes babies when I got her finished! Just way too cute! I thought of different wing options and finally decided to settle on this one as I rummaged through my stash. Now I can see doing a hummingbird dotee too! I named this little bee, Honey!