Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Star is Born





THE STARS.... AUVA, CHARA and STELLA

One of the themes for an online fiberart group was "Out of the blue". I came up with several interpretations . One of which when I was playing the song "When Stars Go Blue". It's one of my favorite songs and I love it sung best by Tim McGraw and also by Blake Lewis. I made a star out of 12 4" squares folded and interlocked together. In the center, I added a fabric painted face to give it a personality. A coat of high luster modge podge and some glitter paint made it twinkle. I may make one in reds and yellows just to reflect the sun. Now to find a sunshine song to play! I would be dating myself as the first things that came to mind were Sunshine of your love by Cream and Sunshine on my shoulders by John Denver! I did run across one that was fresh and new to me entitled Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield. I will have to see if I can find it to add to my playlist later, but for now, while the stars are still blue, I am heading for dreamland under the stars.

2 comments:

morningDove said...

What a beautiful piece. I love it.

debmck said...

Just divine! I can't WAIT to see the red/orange one (my favorite colors)---I may have to see if you would want to do a private trade since ladyluck doesn't seem to be on my side when trade partners are assigned! I'm a HUGE fan of yours!