Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!



Swimming Lessons



10 ducks shown, one was with mama Ivy



Elmer Jr. Playing king of the feeder

I couldn't imagine being a happier mother than Ivy is with all of her little ducklings. Unfortunately there is a bit of sadness as there are now only 11:( There is one that is all black. I guess we should call that one Elmer Jr. He's a fiesty one and seems he wants to be first at everything. lol I don't know how many are girls or boys at this point. I guess we shall wait and see.

Mother's Day for me us usually a lonely one. The kids are grown and gone, so Mother's Day is just memories away. I wonder if Ivy will feel that way too when they decide to leave home.

6 comments:

Peggy's Place said...

I know what you're talking about today being lonely. I don't have any human kids and my mom passed 10 years ago. *sigh* But it's only one day and I'm happy for all the moms out there.

morningDove said...

oh happy mother's day with all those beautiful little ducklings. i love your post.

Gabriela said...

They are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day to You!
Sorry to hear that Ivy lost one of her ducklings. But happy to see all the others growing and having a lovely time swimming .

Lois said...

I hope you had a good Mother's Day.
I am lucky in that I was able to spend the week before and the day of with my Cutie Patootie, 4 yr old granddaughter her dad & mom and my mom. It was great!
I love reading your posts. I've been away for the past week so am cathcing up. I am going to be trying some of the recipes you posted.
Thanks for sharing!
Have a great week.

studioGypsy said...

oh! they are so so sweet! ;) xoxo