Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I gotta good "Deal with it"!



What do you do when you come across a good bargain when you find it? Of course you buy it! That's just what I did when I came across these charms that were marked down to 75% off! But now what? I would need to know a whole lot of people with the names on the charms or " deal with it" in a new way.



I had a charm swap coming up so decided that I could certainly do something with them to jazz them up and be something different. So, I dug out some craft foam and some rubber stamps that would make great texture. I cut out the foam to fit the metal charm. Then I took a hot air gun and heated the foam holding it down with a skewer. The piece should curl slightly but don't get too close or it will scorch the foam. I used a tile to protect the surface of the table. Immediately I used a rubber stamp to get an impression with some texture.



Then the next thing is to rough up the surface on the silver charm plate and glue the foam in place.



Lastly I used Perfect Medium by Ranger and dabbed on the foam impression. I then brushed on bits of Pearl EX powder with various different colors. Walla! A quick and wonderful trade that looks like fimo clay without the roll out and baking steps! You may also want to try them to make faux buttons and other beads and things. Perhaps even some quick Christmas ornaments for the kiddos to do! Be sure to supervise as the heat gun can get very hot.

15 comments:

Gabriela said...

These are gorgeous Wanda!

Michelle said...

Fantastic, Wanda. I love mine so much. I would never have guessed it was craft foam. Something else to play with!!! xo.

Pam said...

Thesse are lovely. What a great way to use the charms. The colors are gorgeous. Would never know they started as foam.

Cat said...

You are very clever!

TracyB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TracyB said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these, they'd make really cool pendants!!

Kim D. said...

Beautiful, what a fantastic idea.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DEAR WANDA!
You are so cleaver my dear! I love what you did with the charms. :)

Hugs

morningDove said...

oh these are great. E6000 glue sticks to silver/metal items? do you think it would work on spoon pendants.

JenW!~ said...

What a clever idea, and these looks wopnderful.

deb did it said...

I love this idea! Thanks for a great tutorial!

funwithfibers said...

I love these, Wanda. Now I will have to play with some craft foam. I love the look you got with it.

Lois said...

Wanda, you are so artistic!
What a cool idea!
I am bookmarking this particular post so I remember to try this in the new year when I have some spare time.
Thank you again for sharing.
Lois

Unknown said...

Can't wait to try it! Would make a lovely pet tag too for the kitties!

flicsha said...

I just love them!!Flicsha