Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Birthday and a Winner!!!



So today I turned 55! That means I can now officially eat off of the senior menu! LOL It also means that it's time for the drawing I promised, so drum roll please...........................and the winner is "LOIS" in Canada! Hurray!!! Congratulations Lois! So fellow bloggers, I am glad that a follower has won and hope that she will enjoy the hand made ornament:) I only wish I had the time to make one for everyone! Thanks too for all of the wonderful suggestions for the cat names. As for the chosen names:

Aslan's sister's name is Bea as ( Honey and Bea seemed the perfect pair), As for the males, we did choose Chuckie Cheese and Chutney. ( We nearly used Chester and Morroco though)

It's been a good birthday weekend. A couple of my friends took me out for lunch at a favorite Mexican restaurant yesterday and last night Rog took me out for Pizza. He said he would take me out tonight too, but I knew things were going to be tight with the new job change so I made a lovely shrimp pasta dinner tonight with homemade bread that was so delicious! My daughter wished me Happy Birthday on her facebook, my mom and one of my sister's called me up and I had numerous on line friends wish me a happy birthday, so life is good! I'm going to go have a piece of pear pie tonight to top it all off!

Yummmmmy Bread!!!!




Delicious Shrimp Pasta!!!!




A Fabulous Pear Pie!!!! ( see recipie on my May 8, 2009 posting) OH I must tell you that I had gotten some pears at a good price from Harry and David's since they were ripe and OMG, the pear pie was WAY more delicious than with the canned pears!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Thanks so much for stopping by today. It's nice to hear that you're going to be able to have Thanksgiving with your family this year! Enjoy the rest of your weekend...

pk @ Room Remix

Gabriela said...

So glad you had such a nice time! Wish I was there!
The dinner looks yummy!Happy 55 Wanda!!!Kepp on smiling and making the rest of us smile!!!Love ya!

Lois said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WANDA!!!
It sounds like you had a good one.
I sure hope you did!
Thanks for drawing my name.
I have emailed my address to you.
I love getting mail and will be watching the mailbox with great anticipation.
So Happy Birthday and THANKS again.
Lois

Kim D. said...

Happy Birthday, hope you had a wondeful day!!
Congratulations to the winner.

callmelacie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WANDA! Glad you had a great day, you have been a wonderful person to get to know!

Bianca said...

Wanda,

Happy Birthday!!!! May the year ahead of you be filled with lots of God's Blessings. It sounds like you had a great time, with some great friends.

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Thanks gals for all of the BD wishes!