I did a 5 day quilt challenge and my piece was accepted to be published. YIPPIE!!! My Quilting Arts magazine arrived this past week with my art work in it.
I thumbed through the Feb/March 2010 issue and there it was on page 67! (It's the orange and blue one on the right)
It's always great to see your name in print, but I must say that the last 3 pieces that I have had in submission have all been shot at different angles then what they were intended to be! Once I had one side ways and once upside down, but I would have thought it was quite obvious which was the front on this one! Oh well, I guess I shall know from now on to mark my subject, top, bottom, side, etc. sigh! I kept thinking I wanted to add more embellishments to the back, but I was on a deadline to ship it off that day and figured, so what it's the back, I will add more to it when it gets back from being photographed. Well so much for that idea! Oh well, at least they got my name right, which sometimes I have even had that wrong in publication. Too bad the publishers don't let the owners proof read. Anyway you are viewing the back of my vessel. You can see the front version yet here on my blog and you can see the steps in which I took to get there.
Leilani Pierson initiated the challenge and it was so wonderful to see how each one turned out so unique and different. Hope everyone gets a chance to try it to find the possiblities!