I did some experimenting. I had gotten 9 nosegays at a yard sale for a great bargain of $5.00! My niece is getting married this next year and she is having red roses and calla lilies for her wedding. Since the cream was really not in the scheme of things and she wanted something more contemporary, I mixed some Set-A-Color dye paints and sprayed them. I think they turned out great! Now just hope she approves and if not, well, I don't have lots of money tied up into them. Thought that they would be great on the tables for the reception. All she has to do now is get some terra cotta clay pots, spray them black and they will be perfect sitting in them for a contemporary look.
I did them outdoors so that I wouldn't have a mess! I think that they turned out great! Sure changed the appearance!
I got red handed! So if I were to do this again, I would have worn gloves, but really it did clean off quite easily and didn't stain.
It must have been red day as I was also working on red quilts the past couple of days getting ready for the holidays! I swear that it gets sooner every year.
Here is a close up. I had a leaf like template that I drew half of it and made a cathedral arch. I love the look of it! I also did lots of ditch quilting so as to show the designs off more in the applique.
Here is another one of Carol's quilts that I finished up with. She relied more on the quilting to make up the design than the pattern.
I am getting ready to ship all of these off in the mail on Monday. I am hoping that I will be seeing red again soon as I anxiously await my red camera!