I have been wanting to play with some lutradur ever since I bought it, but there never seems enough time to do all that I would like. As it turns out, an ATC group's theme was "something new", so when the opportunity presents itself, I decided to jump on it . I first painted the lutradur with a watered down wash of acrylics and let it dry fully. I added some glitter paint lightly spread out and let it dry again. With a heat gun, the lutradur was heated to melt in various areas. I love the texture it left behind! I used batik background fabric and laid the lutradur on top and stitched them into ATC's. I then began my designing of each one a bit differently. With this one below, I cut away areas to match the shapes of the glass stones and suspended them with wire within the design. I actually like this method a lot! Reminds me of perhaps the surface of the moon. The glass pebbles were found very inexpensively at the dollar store.
I am always saving bits of fabric that I have used in other projects so I took this little square and made it a feature inside of this ATC. This time I stitched thread across the piece to suspend it.
This was also another left over piece of fabric I designed for a project. The beginnings of this fabric in the center was actually paint on fusible web and then adhered to the fabric with other bits of fabric and stitching.
This time I used beads and strung it through on a stringer to fill up the hole area.
With this one, I stitched completely across and let the threads hold onto themselves. Sort of reminisent of dream catcher or even darning socks!
In between working on these, I have been teaching a face painting class so when I get the final piece ready, I will post that one too.