Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A New Blind Challenge

I am up for a new "Blind" challenge. Leilani is posting a 3 day challenge from one of my fiberart groups. I am looking forward to what it will become. The first step was to use a piece of light weight canvas and to paint, dye, stamp etc. on a 4"X 15"piece and then to fuse it with another light weight piece and to stitch it randomly. I made my piece reversible, so don't know what side I will altimately use, but tomorrow's instruction may give me a direction.



This piece I had taken masking tape and marked it off as a resist technique. I then used watered down acrylic paints to make a wash with the design. I just strait stitched mimicing the lines in the masking.



This other side was still done with dilluted acrylics. The fabric was wet to allow it to flow more. I then used a stamp and applied StazOn ink to it. I shall now await until tomorrow for the next instruction.

3 comments:

Chris said...

That will be a tough choice. I think your first photo looks like a piece of artwork ready to frame and hang on the wall.

Fabric Art said...

This looks good and it sounds like an exciting challenge.

Sharne's Bit 'n' Bobs said...

Saw your last challenge in QA, and I am now doing a similar thing with a small group of my friends. We are working to a theme and having a month for each step to allow one of the girls who is having chemo,time to recover from her treatments. I hall look forward to seeing how your challenge turns out.