Saturday, March 13, 2010

Me, Myself and I



Finally! I went back to working on my portrait. Mind you this is my first attempt with working a portrait in fabric. It was late last night by the time I got started on it and then finally went to bed about 4 A.M. I had a hard time focusing by then, and should have waited for a better light and prosective.



Somehow it looked all right in those wee hours of the morning but got a better look and laugh at it today. One thing for sure, I will be doing this again, only I shall have to invest in some small extra sharp scissors as regular sissors weren't quite cutting it. (Literally!) Especially with fine detail around the nose. It needs more depth and detail and am tempted to redo. Maybe stitching would have been better in some areas or the fact that I was working small may have had a lot to do with it. All in all, I don't suppose it's bad for my first self taught fiber portrait atempt, but definitely room for improvement!

10 comments:

Jackie Kirner said...

Ah! Brilliant! this is on my list to do , too!!

Pam said...

Wanda,
I think it is a great. Can't belive this is your first attempt. I think stitching might blend the colors. But it is lovely.

Jackie's Stitches said...

This is wonderful! I've never thought of doing something like this.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

It has been so wonderful...that word does not feel appropriate...for the process you have explored in your portraits. I am so moved by the sincerity the eyes exhibit in the final image.. Bravo!!! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Pattyskypants said...

This is so COOOOL! I'm not sure what you're going for (something more photographic?), but it does send a message about the type of person you are. It's soul-full. I know you'll go further with this and ultimately perfect it, cuz that's the way you are! xxoo Patty

JennaLouiseCreates said...

Excellent! I have done two of them and they are posted on my blog. You are doing such a good job:)

morningDove said...

this is a great self-portrait UU.
love how you chose shades on the face.

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

looks great! love the punchy colors.

Margaret said...

Wow! you have an amazing eye for form and colour, I'm totally in awe of this piece! Margaret

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh Wanda, it is great for your first attempt. I did see a little something around the nose but you can fix that with some stitching. :)
Lovely work as always!

I just uploaded a few things on my blog. Go have a look and leave some comments. VBG

Hugs