Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

This year, my husband's birthday falls on Easter, so we have more to celebrate.  We had a traditional ham, mashed potatoes, asparagas, rolls and carrot cake for dessert. Two days later will be my daughter's birthday. She already picked out her gift as she wanted to adopt one of our cats after her beloved Murray was put to rest.  She chose Cheddar but renamed him Rudy. Not that there is lack for any cats around here, but I miss him already!  I dressed him up as Rudy Rabbit. lol  

When the kids were young we use to decorate eggs.... you know the kind, the ones that you used tablets and vinegar.  Now there are so many different choices, from sparkles, swirls, camo, pearls and others. 
One of my all time favorites I love are the ones with the Pysanky designs.  I had a lucky find last summer at a yard sale.  I found 6 Ukrainian Easter eggs and paid $1.50 for all of them!  Aren't they beautiful?  
The seventh one that I am holding in my hand was actually made by a friend who is Ukrainian and practices the art of pysanky. Much like quilting, they are a labor of love!

I ran across this display of the eggs in a vase.  Really cool as you can really see the designs much better!  I did a search and was so "egg"cited to find so many different ethnic styles, colors and  designs.  

One should never put all of their eggs in one basket:)  


5 comments:

Redanne said...

I certainly remember decoratin eggs, that brought back some memories, your eggs are really beautiful and I love how you made the cat look like a rabbit! Just fabulous.

Pattyskypants said...

Cheddar will be missed! Long live Rudy! xxoo
P.S. Happy Birthday Mr. Frayed!

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

love the kitty :-)
are the eggs 'real' or wood?

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Happy Belated Easter dear friend! Your kitty is hopping to greet your visitors and looks so cute. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Wanda,
I am back!
Did you have a lovely Easter? I really hope so. I had a quiet one.
Well your cat is so handsome! I know you are missing him. :(
But at least he is still in the family! Wow those eggs were a great find! Love the others that you found online. :)
I just uploaded some new things to my blog. Please stop by when you can and leave a comment. :)
Hugs