Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wings And Things/WOYWW

This week I have been playing with wings!  I am thrilled with my new rubber stamps that I had purchased on ebay that had several different wings that are unmounted. On my desk you can see I am beginning to work on a face that I have sketched out of a girl and will add wings to her and I finished several cats and cat fairies since Easter.
I have played with some cat zetti themed ATC's from photos I have taken of cats.
The cat is Dante', my niece's cat placed on a vintage boxer photo.  The black ring is actually a paper end from a prewound bobbin.
This is a photo of our little Bisky baby on a vintage child's body.  You usually find her with her tongue sticking out.  Here, I turned her eyes turquoise, but her eyes are actually golden yellow.
This hot lips is actually our cat, Boa.  Boa named after his feathered boa tail.  Yes, I said HIS, as he is a male cat, but sure made a cute girl here. lol
Miss copy cat is our cat, Nova.  As I was painting stripes on her to be more zetti, the idea hit me to make a lamp look alike.

Besides doing ATC's, I have made some cat fairy designs for a chunky page book exchange.  I have yet to add some jump rings and charms or ribbons to them.  I even noticed after the fact that some are missing some tails! LOL  I guess I was just too eager to post this new cat series.  It was too fun coming up with these new characters.  I couldn't resist adding the cat teeth of which our Boa cat laid on my desk and proudly modeled. lol   The cats were sketched out on scrap book paper while the background is painted in acrylics on bar coasters.  I used versa magic chalk inks and a piece of construction dry wall tape for the dots.  It's actually smaller holed than punchella.
I've named this cat  Dexter .  He's the WTF fairy.  He happens to be around no matter WTF happens!

The cat's name is  Digby, He is the cat fairy in charge of sprinkling magic fairy dust so that cats are ensured cat naps during the day.

This cat's name is Jean-Clawed.  He's in charge of ensuring that cat claws are nice and sharp!
This fairy cat's name is Prissy.  She's in charge of granting finicky tastes.
This is fairy cat, Dash.  He grants the cats speed for chasing small rodents.
This is Pouncer, the fairy cat in charge of birds. He teaches the skill of jumping, of which they occasionally bring home a trophy.

I could draw these forever, but for now, I have to finish off the backs of the cards and get some ready to send off in the mail.  Luckily I have kept a few for myself to make and add to my book.

If you wish join or to see what are on other work desks,  check out Julia's WOYWW.  I am sorry to say that I have missed the past couple of weeks, but seems I am making up for it now.

40 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Oh wow, I am loving the cat designs, you are fabulous and have such a wonderful imagination! I wish I were that creative! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina #51

Sandy said...

Love the cats they are cute so colorful.

Julia Dunnit said...

These are amazing..loving the characters. Have to admit to not being a cat person, but I KNOW I have a Dexter round here somewhere!!

Neet said...

Fabulous cat designs, are they digi? I am hopeless at anything like that but these are fab. Wish I could do things like that.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Neet #10

BJ said...

Thanks for visiting my desk. Love your wing stamps - you are surely having fun with those. BJ #42

Ann B said...

Fab work on both ATCs and the book pages, and the names made me smile as well.
Thanks for sharing.
Ann B
#46

Polly Polkadot said...

Oh they are lots of fun, though I am a little worried about your mind!! #99

Inkypinkycraft said...

Cute cats and lve the fairy wings! Hugs trace x 60

VonnyK said...

LOve the cats, Digby is my favourite.
Have a great week.
Von #41

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, you have been one busy girl!! Those cats look so funky and colourful!

Amazing looking stamps too, have fun creating with them. Thanks for your visit by the way, you wree at it early!

Have a great week! #32

JoZart Designs said...

Love your quirky cats. So creatively different!
Love JoZarty x

Redanne said...

Love, love, love the cat designs, they are amazing.

Unknown said...

Hi Needlewings - thanks for popping by my desk. Great post - I don't mind how long it is when you have such fabulous cats to keep company with! Helen 35

Franka Benjaminsen said...

This is a great post. Love all the art with the cats. The ATC's are so colourful and your bar coasters are beautiful and funny. Love all these cats, but that's not a surprise when you are a cat lover. Bye, Franka

Mari K. said...

Those wing stamps look like loads of fun and your cat ATC's are just adorable, I love the 2nd one. Have a great week -Mari #38

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab cat designs! Such colour. Take care, enjoy WOYWW snooping! Love Zo xx 75

Twiglet said...

Amazing cat designs! You obviously had lots of fun with them.

SuziesImaginarium said...

I love your cat creativity! The cards are absolutely perfect...especially the one with the matching lamp! Happy WOYWW #47 thanks for stopping by my blot!

famfa said...

So many cats. I hzve never seen anything like this befoe

Lynn Holland said...

The tags are real fun. Can you tell me what Zetti means I keep seeing the word and cant work out what it is. Is it an American thing.
Lynn
One I Made Earlier Today
#16

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Awesome and delightful Kitties!!! You help me to smile when I visit here. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Unknown said...

oh what a fun filled adventure into art here!!! thank you for sharing all of these cute pieces with us!!!!

Happy WOYWW!!!!

Angie said...

What fun! I love Digby the most! You just inspired me to, I have loads of wings and just never thought to use them like that..duh! Thanks!
Angie #28

Amy E said...

Love the cat fairies and all the thought and work you put in to them!!! And it looks like you're getting LOTS of use out of your new stamp set too!!

Amy E. #30
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Fuchsia said...

Awesome work !

Miriam said...

fabulous work - thanks for sharing.

#148

May said...

Love the cat designs.. soooo cute and colour use perfect.. what a selection if wing stamps.... Have a great week, Hugs May x x x No15

Darnell J Knauss said...

You are unique, that's for sure. And very, very talented!

Janine said...

Your cool cats are so great. I really love them.
I recived your pin- cushion today. It is so pretty and I really love it. I will post about it. Have a great day
Janine

Pattyskypants said...

Okay, so I NEED a WTF Faerie for my blog. Can I borrow one for the weekend? I'll attribute it and link it back here. Bhu's furrends will be so JELLUS! xxoo Patty

karen said...

Your Cat Fairies are fabulous! I love that you have a story to go with each one!
Happy WOYWW!
xoxo Karen

Unknown said...

Great desk and great images!

Happy WOYWW!

Sheena (#161)
xxx

SophieNewton said...

Fabulous cats, truly amazing
Sophie x
No.79

Unknown said...

I have to tell a friend of your blog! She fosters cats (in WY) and I think she will get a kick out of yours! WOW! I love cats, too. And your desk is definitely interesting! Thanks for visiting my blog and following! I'm now a follower of you!

Joynana said...

Love the cats with the wings.

Craftychris said...

I am so loving your cats! They are so cool! xx

Pam said...

These are the cuties CATS. Love all their colors and fun expressions. These would make a wonderful greeting series.

Elizabeth said...

Love those cats - very colourful and full of fun. Hope your weekend has been a good one. Elizabeth x #26

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Wanda,
Wow girl you have been really busy! :)
Love all the cat designs...They are fabulous!
Hugs

callmelacie said...

You rock! <3 the cat designs!